Parish Church of Wisborough Green, West Sussex, RH14 0EA
Extraordinary but Necessary Measures due to Coronavirus situation
Updated 26 March 2020
The Vicar and Churchwardens, following instruction and advice from the Government, the NHS, the Church of England and the Bishop of Chichester as far as continuation of church life at Wisborough Green is concerned, have taken the following decisions.
- Church Access - From 24 March 2020, the church building will be closed until further notice;
- Church Services - ALL regular public church services are suspended until further notice. From 24 March 2020 - no weddings and baptisms allowed. Funerals can only happen at the crematorium or at the graveside. Only immediate family members can attend (if the crematorium allows) – that is, spouse or partner, parents and children, keeping their distance in the prescribed way.
Other Church based Activities
- Parish Lunches – suspended until further notice;
- Wizzy Tots and Messy Church – suspended until further notice;
- House Groups and Prayer Groups – the church is advising that these should be suspended until further notice;
- Alpha Course and Alpha Reunions – suspended until further notice;
- Xpresso – suspended until further notice.
- PCC Meetings and the APCM – these have been suspended until further notice. Members of the PCC will be notified as to how the required business will be undertaken. Relevant paperwork for the Annual Parochial Church Meeting scheduled to have taken place on 29th March will be emailed to everybody on the Church Electoral Roll (where we have an email address) and also placed on the Church website
It is hoped to continue with some sort of “virtual” activity via the website and Facebook so keep an eye out for any notices. If you are not on Facebook, please consider joining and then “liking” and following the Church Facebook site (click on the "Find us on Facebook" icon at the top of this page) to keep in touch.
In the meantime, check out www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/church-online for a number of national online resources.
We understand that the measures put forward will cause yet further changes to all our lives, but know that you will all understand why this action has to be taken. Please address any queries that you may have at any time to either the Vicar, Churchwardens or Deputy Churchwarden.