Church Services under Covid-19 Restrictions
- Hits: 2187
[Updated 1 January 2021]
From 26th December 2020 - We are currently subject to Tier 4 Rules(the strictest in England). Under these rules, regular church services are still allowed but a decision has been made to suspend live services for the time being to protect the most vulnerable in our congregation. The church building will, however, remain open for private prayer and contemplation.
For more information about the rules for visiting places of worship, please see Church of England advice here: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches
When we decide to resume services, as a result of the guidance and advice that has been issued by both the Government and the Church of England, the following will continue to be the means by which services will be safely held:
- There will be no service at 8am;
- Restrictions on numbers attending this sort of service have not been imposed; it has been left to individual churches to assess how many can be accommodated whilst undertaking 2 metre social distancing whenever possible;
- Everyone will be asked to sanitise their hands on entry and to provide contact details for track and tracing purposes;
- Only every other pew will be in use and you will be shown to a seat by those on duty. Those who live in the same household will of course be able to sit together but others will need to sit 2 metres apart;
- The service will take the form of a said communion service and all the information necessary will be displayed on the screen;
- Unfortunately congregational singing is not permitted but the choir is now able to sing at certain services. At all services, music will be played at the beginning, during communion and at the end of the service;
- Communion will be taken standing and will be with bread only. For these purposes the congregation will be directed in a clockwise flow by those on duty;
- At the end of the service we shall be unable to serve the usual refreshments, and everyone will be asked to leave the building without unnecessary delay and without mingling with others not in your household.
We totally understand that not everyone will feel that they are able to attend once services resume. For this reason, we will endeavour to make a recording of each service which will be made available on the website as soon as possible.
I hope this is self-explanatory, but if you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with:
Richard 700628 or
God bless you,